Sunday, November 12, 2006

Where has the weekend gone?!?

What - we just had a weekend? I must have missed it. Sure we went to a party on Friday night (Happy Birthday Meg!), but Saturday was a cloudy "cold" day and we spent it sleeping, oh and losing 5-0 to the CalTech Chinese soccer team. Saturday night we also ventured out to discover more of Lake Avenue than we already know of - we headed to Trader Joe's.

Now, as a naive Canadian visiting America in February I thought Trader Joe's was probably some sort of Army Surplus store, and I couldn't figure out why people had grocery lists written upp for the place. Since moving here I suspected that I was wrong, that it was in fact a grocery store, perhaps a box store and really cheap. Last night we discovered that it's a small-ish grocery store with good prices and odd and unique items, in terms of the regular foods one finds here. For example, they have many different types of goat cheese at reasonable prices. Most of what they sell is organic, lots is also of the 'Trader Joe' branding. At the checkout my lovely husband grabbed me a 'Trader Joe' chocolate bar. How happy was I to discover when opening the bar that it has the word 'Callebaut' written on every second piece. :)

Today we didn't do too much ... sleep, walk ... boy, it is tiring taking care of a kiddo. Matthew and Bronson played alot this afternoon, some pictures are below. (Check out that neck support!)


One last note - Congratulations Teri Lynne and Jay on your engagement!!!

3 comments:

Jenn Stevenson said...

Mom writes in the morning or the evening while using the breast pump, eating breakfast/snack and rocking bronson in his chair with her foot :)

Tanya said...

Hi Jenn,

Its Tanya. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of Bronson. Boy is he so cute.

I wanted to tell you that I love Trader Joes. Bart and I are heading down to Palm Springs on Saturday and we'll be going to Trader Joes for sure.

How is your car is it fixed? We'll be in Palm Springs for a week? Is it far from you?

Jenn Stevenson said...

TANYA!
Yes, we bought a new car, so we are able to drive. Palm Springs is about 3 hours away (apparently, mapquest says it's less) I will e-mail you my phone #, if you get time give me a call If you feel like making the trip, we'd love to see you and there's a great botanical gardens nearby that you and Bart might enjoy exploring (to make the trip doubly good).