Thursday, November 09, 2006

Sushi & Seinfeld at the Stevensons'

You see, some things don't change just because you've had a baby! Tonight Matthew and I made sushi. Good times - as always some rolls turned out better than others, and we have left overs for tomorrow. Of course I'm not advocating people eat left over sushi... but we're vegetarians so raw vegetables keep well :)
Bronson and I had a heck of a time finding a sushi rolling mat within walking distance - in the end we bought a sushi "kit" at the bookstore - chopsticks, rolling mat, rice paddle and book.
Bronson was touchy today indicating to us that he may be growing again in spurts. He still fits his 3M clothes, but I only buy him 6M stuff now, which also fit because he's gotten so long.

Matthew received a special import from Canada yesterday - 3 authentic poppies. The Remembrance day poppy is a Canadian thing, this I never realized, and Matthew contacted the Canadian Club on campus to try and get some. It's a very mob-like organization, a girl went to the local embassy and picked up the stuff, then distributed it among the Canadians via the school mail system. Very covert. However, I think that the people down here see it as a fashion statement gone wrong - large flowers on shirts are a current fashion craze. Or maybe passed. I don't know I was busy having a baby - Tanya would know.

Nothing too new. Matt slept off his midterm hangover [what happens when one stays up until 2am writing a midterm, then still needs to feed and put his baby to sleep] between classes, and other than an afternoon walk B and I slept, gave kiddo a bath and caught up on the crazy sarcasm of Dr. House.
For those of you in the know, Cuddy from House is George's girlfriend in Season 4 of Seinfeld (she's Risotto girl), it's weird.


Here's Bronson showing us how to eat sushi.
"You put it in here like this..."
Here he is cuddling with mom.
(The blankets are because I keep the house freezing with air conditioning)

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Good to know we're still both watching Seinfeld...Bronson looks like he'll be a big sushi fan one day! You and Amanda are both big House fans...I can't start watching any new shows myself, there are just too many already. Although I did quit studying last night to watch ER. Glad to know Bronson is still growing. Good luck one day when you have to buy him shoes.