Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Bronson is a big Goof

Well, it rained a few days ago. It was very exciting. Saturday morn we awoke to rain still falling - I felt very nostalgic for my rainy hometown. We woke early - or, rather, Bronson woke me early, so we made pancakes, then woke up dad who had to spend the weekend studying for his big Qualifying exams on Monday. Then B and I went and played outside, dad took some pics. Bronson has had this raincoat for nearly his whole life, he finally got to use it! In the afternoon we braved the crazy roads and Bronson and I drove the 3 blocks to Michaels where everyone was vying for the spots closest to the entrance. Silly California people. Though, to be honest, we ran to the door :)




Just like that, the weather is back to warm, and sunny of course. Today we had to use air conditioning again. Too bad, I really like a bit of wind coming in the windows, it makes it smell and feel like camping. That and not having to work, I guess :)




So, Matthew passed his Qual exam - yay! - which means that he gets to stay here and finish his PhD, if he'd failed, they would have given him a master's degree and kicked him back to Canada. He'd get a job working in the private sector, and we'd have been rich. But instead, we'll continue on here for another 4 years and, well, be poor.




Speaking of, we have decided not to trip anywhere this December, also because I will have a job and who knows if I can get time off. I am VERY excited to relay the news, however, that hearing this my parents have managed to finangle a road trip down for Christmas!!!!!!!!! SO - it's a California Christmas for the Barkers this year (except for Jess et al, though you're more than welcome to come down, but I do not know if ou could get the time). I am really excited to finally get to host a Christmas at my home, I feel like a real mom now :)




Some of you may be saying - but wait, what about the elusive Aimee? And others may be saying - Who is Aimee? Aimee is my "little" sister, and I am pleased to announce, she will be coming for an extended visit beginning mid-October, to be a California chick and take care of Bronson while Matt and I work. Bronson would be so excited if he knew, but, well, right now we're focusing on teaching animal sounds (He can associate a cow image with Moo, just in time for Grandma Diane's pending visit). B is going to have a load of fun with his aunty, he's loved her ever since she used to play guitar to him while he was in the womb - he would dance and kick to it. In a good way.




This week Bronson learnt another new talent - he takes off his pants himself. Here is a picture, he likes to drape them around his shoulders like a cape. He's done it with tight pants and loose ones, and I watched him once, standing next to the fridge, removing one leg at a time. He's so smart, and so goofy.


After eating lunch, Bronson had to lose his shirt because it was too messy, I put him on the ground and he crawled over to the screen door to yell babble at the girl fixing her bike across the way, she looked at him, saw he was shirtless and got a little too embarassed to acknowledge the baby, I laughed and took pictures, kids are funny. Note how well Matthew's patio garden is doing, we are getting bell peppers, tomatoes and cucumbers right now!


Here's a short video to demonstrate how Bronson is a goof.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only in California rain can you see Jenn in shorts and flipflops! I think B would enjoy stomping in puddles. Now for that cape thing - where's his astro boy cape from Christmas? I think he wants to be a superhero! Gr. Val

Anonymous said...

Hey, another good posting, watching from Calgary.

Sabrina said...

Hey Jenn
Haven't talked in a while...what's up in the life of Bronson? I'm feeling deprived of my blog updates :(

Anonymous said...

I second Sabrina's motion, I am suffering from withdrawal and Alberta's healthcare will not cover detox.