Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The OASIS annual cultural show

Photobucket

Yes, it's true. I am a member of the Organization of Associated Students of the Indian Subcontinent (OASIS). How is it that a Canadian who's never even visited India has become a member of such a group? Well, our friend Varun said I could sign up. So I did.

So, I was in a play in the annual cultural show which this Indian student society holds each May. Here is a link to the OASIS website, it has videos of many of the acts from the show. I was in the play called 'STUMPED!', if you want to check out my acting talent (or lack thereof). At the times when the crowd laughs loudly and you don't know why, it's because the joke was in Hindi, just laugh along. Also - it helps to know that 'Saachin' is a famous cricket player and the Saachin character in the play is mimicking him.

Photobucket

Here is the link to my play:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8591598235075919363&hl=en

Here is the website in case you want to see some of the other acts:
http://oasis.caltech.edu/pravaas/


Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Jenn! I only watched your first scene because it was taking a long time to upload, but I liked what I saw!

Anonymous said...

28 mins is more then I have time for now but looks good, I will catch it later.

Grampa A

Anonymous said...

Good show Jenn! Next you will be directing (always was a passion)! Looked like a fun group of people, Mom (Val)