Thursday, May 15, 2008

Anniversary, Mothers Day and ... hmm, am I forgetting something?
Oh, right, Matthew's Birthday!


On the 7th we celebrated 3 years as husband and wife. We enjoyed a dinner in Little Ethiopia to celebrate on Sunday, which Bronson enjoyed thoroughly as well.


On Saturday we had a birthday party for Matthew. The theme was "Pirates of Catan" and I made a replica Settlers of Catan cake for Matt. We played board games all afternoon and fun was had by all.

On Monday family called to wish Matthew a happy birthday and Bronson enjoyed talking to them as well. Here is Bronson having a conversation with Aunty Teri. He took the phone from dad and went over to sit on his couch with it. I guess he knows how the Bazinet women talk and decided to get comfortable for the duration.

Bronson also enjoyed opening dad's presents "with" him. Matthew received an assortment of board games and geeky t-shirts, as well as a book from Bronson called "I want to be an astronaut", though I suspect Bronson enjoys the book more than his dad.

In other news, I am in a play with the Indian Student Society tonight. Our friend Varun roped me in and I have spent many hours this past week rehearsing with them. It's a neat show, full of dancing and beautiful sari's and an Indian feast at the conclusion, and samosas in the intermission... I am also having fun acting. I play an American on the Caltech softball team which is competing versus the Indian cricket team at cricket and softball. I am also learning much more about the Indian culture.

Bronson's newest occupation is trying on mom and dad's shoes. He tries to walk with them, but doesn't get far.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn the cake is AWESOME!

I already have the picture of Bronson talking to A Teri on my desktop.

Anonymous said...

We've been trying to find other people to play Settlers with us since we got home from California. We've already introduced it to another couple in town and have them hooked. We'll start by converting Vermilion and then take over the world!!! Or not.

And how dare you imply that us Bazinet women are long winded?!? I don't know what you're talking about!?! I could go on and on about how succinct we are, but I think I have limited space...

Anonymous said...

Maths birthday is turning into a fire hazard.
Tim

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful cake Jenn! Hope Matthew enjoyed his birthday celebration weekend and Monday!

Good news about the housing (from next post but you know I'll get around to talking about them all).
Love Mom (Val)