Friday, October 20, 2006

101 Cookie Cutters

Yesterday Bronson and I took an outing to Michaels .. to see what we could see. There we bought some wooden turtles and dinosaurs and flowers for me to paint, then decorate his rrom with. I took him in the bambini sling that I bought in Victoria. He loves it because he's held close to me, but can lean back and look up at the lights (he loves looking at lighting and reflections), I love it because it's easy to get him in and out of, he doesn't squirm or cry when he's in it, it leaves my hands free and it's pretty (pinky/orange floral because this one's my accessory - not his! Although people often ask if it's a girl when he's in it, but we know better).

We met a woma with a baby in a carriage, I glanced in as we passed and did a double take "Wow, that's a small one!" I said to her. She said mine looked pretty small too. I asked how old, and her baby was and it's 5 weeks. Bronson is 6 weeks. I said, he's a big boy and told her the birth weight. Her girl weighed 7 at birth and now was approaching 10. The kid looked so tiny, and I realized that my baby was never as small as this 5 week old baby. It finally hit me for real, even though I've been saying it all along - Bronson is a HUGE baby! Wow, geez.

We had a successful trip to Michaels and came back with many projects for me to do. Our best buy, however was a huge cannister of cookie cutters - 101 to be exact! There's everything from the ABC's to numbers to sports stuff to valentine hearts to halloween figures and christmas trees and Easter bunnies, and cowboy boots and dog bones... it's awesome! I'm really excited to get baking cookies, and I bet that these will be fun for Bronson to use for years to come.

Unfortunately, however, my Canadian friends and family, they're not so keen on me sending food over the border so you shall not get any cool shaped cookies lest you come for a visit :)

[That being said, I miss Bernard Callebaut chocolate very very much and won't be disappointed if it's all I get for Christmas in Canada this year :)]

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Yummm. Cookies. And yes, Bronson is a big baby. But he's also the cutest little boy.