Monday, November 10, 2008

OVRO working holiday

We were up at OVRO for the past 3 nights and had a wonderful time. We had 2 great dinners and Bronson and I had alot of fun visiting the park each day, and playing outside. It's autumn up there, so we threw leaves in the air and wore pants and long sleeves.







On the 2nd night we went out to dinner with all the grad students who were up there; Walter and Joey were up working with Matt, Laura was up working at CARMA, an array near OVRO and Swarnim and Shrihirsh are 1st years who wanted to visit OVRO, having never been before.




I forgot to bring the camera, but Matthew let me use his on the last day. It seemed to be broken, so I didn't get all the pics I wanted... and as I fiddled with it, Bronson lost his balance and fell head first in to the duck pond. A local called it his 'High Sierra baptism'.






So, that was that. Luckily we had a bag of clothes for Goodwill that hadn't gotten there yet, so B wore one of daddy's old shirts for the 20 minute ride home from the park.

I read 2 books in the evenings and absolutely loved the dinner we had at 'Whiskey Creek' our last night. I had artichoke canelloni and we split a 6 layer piece of chocolate cake for dessert. It was awesome.

We were going to visit CARMA on Sunday morning before driving home, but there was a snow storm and the road was closed, so we did not venture that way. There was no snow on the Sierra floor where we were, but CARMA is on a higher plateau in the mountains. Poor Laura was snowed in up there.

Also, here are a couple pics from Halloween that our friends sent us:



The Wednesday prior to Halloween, Matt and Bronson wanted to dress up for park day. I did not want B to ruin his costume, though, so we came up with a backup that was park appropriate - Matthew.





Here are a couple of 21 week belly pics that Matt just took of me. Baby is kicking like mad!


4 comments:

Sabrina said...

Looking great Jenn! Looks like you had a great fall time up there. I'm glad you get to enjoy some colder weather. I'm already wearing boots and the parka. It's only -5 but it's snowing and there's a wind chill. Today the power was out so it made it even colder in the house! Maybe Bronson was just trying to imitate the ducks and go "bottoms up" in the pond? Love the creative Halloween costumes!Miss you and by the way, I finally sent the card I had for you, so it shoud be there soon!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! Bronson dressed as Matthew made me laugh out loud!

Anonymous said...

What a nerd!!!

Anonymous said...

Once again, thanks for the picturs and updates. Bronson looks so grown up in his new shoes.

Love Grandma Portage