Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

Today we drove 30 minutes to a nearby Pumpkin Patch in Mission Hills. My mom is in town and she came with us. We took a tractor pulled train ride, did a hay bale maze and climbed a hay pyramid! We also had fresh roasted corn and bought 4 pumpkins and some produce.




Apparently I am not very good at guessing pumpkin weight, there was a huge pumpkin there, and if you guess the weight, you win the pumpkin and $100. I guessed 96 lbs. I then found out that Matt guessed around 400 lbs. Oh well, at least I won't have to empty out the seeds.




The unborn baby is doing well, and I am feeling SO much better. I can barely remember how it felt to be sick, it's a nice reprieve. I didn't really get this period of feeling well when I was pregnant with Bronson. We don't know if it is a boy or girl yet, having an ultrasound on the 23rd which might tell us. My cravings are all different this time - sour candies, cranberries, tabasco sauce and bacon (not combined). The only consistent craving is coffee between the 2 pregnancies.




Hope you all have a good Thanksgiving, we will celebrate it tomorrow night with a Tofurky and some pumpkin-ish dessert (and a ton of cranberry sauce). Then we will celebrate it again with the Americans in November.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bad Daddy, you did not tell Mommy that those are STRAW bales!

Sabrina said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad you celebrated the canadian thanksgiving too. We had ours on friday with 12 police offers! It was fun...they didn't eat as much asa one would think though. Didn't you crave bacon last time? I seem to remember ordering some for you at John's place last time :)

Glad to hear you're feeling better!
xox
Bean

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Hope you had a nice Cdn thanksgiving. It was the 20th car rally this weekend. A Denise, Jay, Cheryl B & Allison won - we missed you.

Hope you are having a nice visit with Grandma Val!

The Neufelds said...

Love the punkin patch pictures. I've got to take David soon if there are still pinkins left... I imagine there are some in the stores already. Love, Melissa