Saturday, October 25, 2008

Crouching fetus, hidden baby

My ultrasound took a long time on Thursday because the baby was hiding down under my pelvic bone. The doc was getting a little annoyed, but he was funny. He could only see the head and check that out, and it was all good. He showed me the whole big uterus that the baby could be swimming around in, but instead baby was crouched down low in the corner. He said he'd never seen a baby at 18 weeks hiding so far down.
So, we tried many things; drinking cold water, moving around, shaking my belly, using the restroom and finally they gave me a sweet candy to eat.

Then baby moved up. The assistant ran and got the doc and they finished the ultrasound. Baby is lying on my placenta with it's butt in the air, but everything checked out, the heart, which is why I was sent for this special ultrasound, looks great, all the other organs look great too.
I didn't want to ask if he could find the sex for me after he'd had such a hard time with everything else.

But the assistant asked if I knew and the doc said, "well, let's find out" after some more jiggling to get the baby to roll he caught a glimpse of something, then baby moved a little further and doc got the "money shot", which I feel that I can not post online because it's not PG, as you can quite clearly see that this baby is definetly a boy!

5 comments:

The Neufelds said...

I've been waiting to hear the news so I was glad to see that you had updated. Yeah that everything looks good and congratulations that you are going to have another son. Yeah for Bronson getting a brother. I was the one who voted "girl" so I was wrong. Love, Melissa

Anonymous said...

Congrats you guys!! *sigh* I've had these cute girls shoes for 3 years that I couldn't resist buying because they were THAT cute. Guess I'll have to wait to dust them off. (I have a theory about the abundance of baby boys we've had in the family lately but that's probably not appropriate for here)

Sabrina said...

Yeah!! I'm so happy for you guys...I was pretty sure you'd end up with 2 boys. you're so good with them, I thought why not another one? What could be bad about two bronson like boys running around. :) Congrats...sorry it took me so long to say it, I haven't had a chance to check your blog in a few days.

Love Sabrina

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the blog for a while but did hear the news. Will call soon.

love,

Grampa Alan

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween!