Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Poor Us

Our family isn't too healthy these days. Bronson has been sneezing and coughing and choking on his phlegm. It turns out that he has an ear infection and bronchitis. Poor baby. Dr. Schlundt was suprised that I wasn't sick too. So far it seems that Matthew is the parent who's sick with baby this time. B has been coughing and sneezing in our faces for the past few days, so it's no wonder.

Still, he is really cute when he sneezes, he follows every sneeze by babble babble babble ["Ra Ra ra ra raaa"].

So he has multiple meds to deal with this and needs to be quarantined from other kids for the next 3 days, which means we're going to miss our first storytime this morning :(


The quarantine is especially hard for the little goofus as we had our first astronomy team softball game last night and Bronson's friend Jesse was there watching his dad! The kids kept looking longingly at each other and had to take turns playing with the wheels on the bat cart.

Matthew and I both play on the team, it's much easier switching on and off for softball than for soccer. It was a good game until the last bat when I swung hard, missed and heard a big RRrrrippp in my shoulder. Yeah. So my left shoulder isn't doing so well, I'll have to see the doc today. This means that I can't pick up Bronson boy and poor Matt has had to wake up with us twice already tonight to carry the kid to me for feeding (since B is sick he's waking himself up more often at night).


SO, poor Bronson, poor me, but especially poor Matthew. I guess he'll deserve an extra special father's day after this week.

These are some pics of Bronson playing with his favorite toy of late. It keeps him happy while mom and dad eat, it keeps him happy while crawling around on the ground, it keeps him happy when he's playing outside in the yard and it even keeps him happy when he's visiting the doctor! These things are everywhere - what are they called? I don't know, but he sure is good at moving the beads on the wire.

In other news: I watched 'The Wedding Planner' last night (prepping for our trip!) and am excited to report that alot of it is filmed at Huntington Gardens, right here in lovely Pasadena! The sculpture garden and the wedding at the end for sure, I'll have to watch again and look closer at some of the other outdoor scenes :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leave all your germs in Pasadena when you come to Canada!

Anonymous said...

Poor baby, poor baby, and poor Matthew! Baby B looks so cute peering through the wire toy! Happy even though sick. Love Val