Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Oh Bronson...
The boy - he grows!

The past couple of days have seen a sullen Bronson nursing a fever. Poor kid is drooling like a large drooly dog as his 2 new top teeth push through. His fever varied between moderate and fairly high, enough to warrant Tylenol, but not enough to rush him to a doctor. He appeared to respond well to the medicine that is: being held and rocked by mom and dad. He just didn't want to be put down, he wanted to sleep in our arms and play in our arms.



Which leads us to his new "tricks". Bronson is now doing some major hands and knees crawling, he's learned to turn on all of his toys, including the radio, cd player and pressing play (though I'm not sure that's on purpose), and he reaches up when he wants to be picked up. His favorite activity is flipping the pages in books, and that took awhile to master, and as I write this I glance over shocked to see him standing at the coffee table - apparently he now knows how to pull himself up, too. Good job buddy!




This weekend we attended an Indian cultural event held on campus that our friend Varun was a part of - it was a show with a couple of plays and some dance, then a 3$ Indian feast at the end. It was really fun and yummy, Bronson seemed to enjoy the dancing. I enjoyed the comedic play and Matthew, well he quite enjoyed the food.

Through Varun we have come across the best samosas we've ever tasted, made by a man... with a restaurant... who delivers food to campus daily for students who order. He is our samosa dealer (that really is the most appropriate term seeing as we know so little about where it's all coming from), they're 50 cents each and we buy a dozen for a week. They. Are. Awesome.

OK, so actually when B stood up a minute ago I didn't act so cool, I started yelling for Matt to come quick... a couple minutes later he'd woken up and slowly emerged into the living room, gave B a nod, said Good Job buddy, then told me he was going back to bed. I hovered near, but not too near Bronson to make sure he didn't fall and split his lip on the edge of the table - I've heard of that happening :) I also put 2 crayons in his hand and a piece of paper in front of him and he created his 2nd work of art (his first being my mothers day card - in marker, that daddy lives on the edge.


Other than Bronson growing, geting sick and getting better, we've been frequenting the nearby farmers markets and found some good food (we're trying to buy all of our vegetables fresh and local, not so hard a task in California). We've also had Keira over from next door for a babysit (though she's no baby at 2 1/2) Bronson loves her and thinks that the best way to show her this is by grabbing her face, she does not agree. B and I went to a Gymboree kindergym class last Friday, it was neat but I fear too expensive to commit to a full session at this age. There he got a play a drum with a mallet. As you can see below, he has transferred this knowledge to pots and spoons.

Matthew is into his 2nd to last week of classes - after this its research research research! I'm glad because hopefully he won't be pulling so many late nights on assignments, but we'll see how it goes.

I have been somewhat house bound nursing my sick baby and have taken to cooking and baking. I made my first ever loaf of bread by hand on Sunday, and am set to make a cottage cheese dill loaf today. I've made banana bread and some good old fashioned Saskatchewan dishes that my gandma and grandpa used to make me featuring cream, dill, potatoes and beets. Later today I'm making leek and potato soup, and last night I was reminiscent of the island and made a tray of Nanaimo bars.


So that is the update for now, hope this finds everyone well, and for those of you who know Sabrina, her and Mike have been posted to BC and are still waiting to find out where.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big Boy!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful smiles he has! Looks like he can clutch balls, probably throw and drum like a professional. My Tupperware awaits, Grandma Val

Sabrina said...

Wow! I guess I just missed the crawling, huh? Too bad, but way to go on learning so many news things in 2 weeks! Your descriptions of baking are making me hungry...
Miss you guys lots, but am so happy that we get another visit soon!
Love Auntie Bean