Saturday, February 10, 2007

A trip to the beach

Last night the three of us went over to one of the astro prof's houses for dinner with their family. Re'em, Mayaanna and their 4 sons hosted us to some awesome Indian food. After dinner we played Space-opoly with Re'em and one son while the others went to bed.

We woke late this Saturday morning to a beautiful day and decided to go to the beach. It took only 25-30 minutes to drive to Santa Monica and park. We walked the boardwalk and visited Venice beach and Muscle beach, then ate lunch on a huge, rather empty fair sand beach. It was a good time for all; Bronson enjoyed seeing all the people, I enjoyed the beach and Matthew enjoyed all the odd things we saw at Venice beach. One Sideshow spokesman advertised that he had two headed cows, turtles, pigs, chickens, raccoon...etc etc. We weren't about to pay to see if he was truthful or not.

The beach and the day was lovely, the drive home took ~40 minutes. Now we're tired and a tad red. I've thrown together a beer crust pizza and we're ending the day watching a few episodes of Battlestar Galactica. It's true, Matthew's getting nerdier and nerdier and taking me with him :)


Matthew & B at Venice Beach

A candid picture of muscle beach (behind Bronson), where Arnold S. was first discovered

Either mom's not photogenic, or dad can't take pictures, but B is so cute with his glasses I had to include it :]

6 comments:

The Neufelds said...

Hi Jenn, We havn't booked flights yet but it looks like we will be in Palm Springs March 12th, 13th or 14th and then staying 10 days. I'll let you know when things are booked but I wanted to give you an approximate. Love Bronson's sun glasses! We have to find some for David before we leave.
Love, Melissa

Mrs. L'Heureux said...

Hey Jenn
I love that picture of Matthew with Bronson--it is so cute. The sunglasses are also great. Looking forward to a visit sometime soon!
Love Sabrina

Jenn Stevenson said...

Oooh, MRS. L'HEUREUX, should I be sending in my MacBeth paragraph?

Anonymous said...

Hello from East Sooke! Love your blog. Great shades, Bronson!
Corinne.

Anonymous said...

Greetings from East Sooke! Love your blogg. I check it out every day before I start work.

Tell Bronson: cool shades!

Corinne

Anonymous said...

That is an "oops" from East Sooke for the duplicate comment! I'll get the hang of posting comments, I promise.
Corinne.