Thursday, March 26, 2009

One week old! (ok, 9 days old)
Edmund is doing well, mom is doing well (well, I'm still on pain killers and not allowed to really leave the house...) Bronson loves kissing and hugging "boy" and gets very concerned whenever he hears a baby cry, he looks at you inquisitively and says "boy?".
B is also concerned with the manner in which I burp Edmund, by patting him on the back, I suppose to him it looks like I'm hitting, he glares at me a little while I do it. And since about 10 hours of my day is spent nursing and burping Edmund, that's alot of glaring.


Edmund was jaundiced when we left the hospital, and we've had 2 doctor appointments already to check on the jaundice. It got a little worse when we got home, but now it is getting better. He just needs alot of time in the sun in nothing but a diaper to clear it up. Luckily we are having beautiful sunny weather these days, so E and I are spending some quality time by the window and on the deck.



Me and my boys. Awwww.


In these pics you may see that E has dirty blond hair, his eyes are still deep blue at this point, though I imagine that both of those traits will change soon enough. At his most recnt docotrs visit he weighed 8lbs 14oz, so he lost a bit, but he grew an inch in height, now up to 20"3/4. True to our family form, he is in the 90th percentile for weight and height and 95th for head circumference. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice name change on the blog,
thanks for the posting, we've been waiting!

Grampa Alan

The Neufelds said...

Glad to hear that mom and baby are both well. Can't wait until we get the chance to visit and introduce Edmund and Angeline.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the pics of the boys! I particularly like the last picture of Edmund sleeping.

Love,
Aunty Teri

Aunty Amy said...

Wow, two boys!!!! yay! He looks like hes grown a lot already. Jealous of your sunny weather.

Aimers