Thursday, August 02, 2007

England Days 10 to 16 cont cont...

Well, we've been busy busy across the pond. Bronson is quickly outgrowing all the clothes we stocked up on before this adventure and I am bargain hunting all over town - boys pants are expensive here (but I suppose not everyone is dealing with the exchange rate that I keep constant at the forefront of my mind)

The poor baby boy is developing one bruise after another as he explores the world on 2 feet. He is not yet walking unassisted, but he does spend the majority of his time on his feet and has stood on his own a few times, he enjoys practising on the bed. His forehead is all bruised and tonight he fell and cut his lip on a chair leg, he doesn't get too upset, I think his parents are more upset about it all than he.
I got a good picture of an unhappy Bronson - for those of you who don't believe he gets upset, here's proof.
This picture is at the same place as the flooded one below - the flood waters have receded and people are punting down the Thames again - I still hope we will get a chance to do this.
Here are a few shots of the Oxford streets that we walk each day.




B and I hit the botanical gardens this week. We had a nice picnic - I had a sandwich, B tried to eat a leaf and chocked. We also found a nice river walk behind Christ Church and some large green areas to play on. His favorite trick is walking while pushing the stroller backwards - no pics as of yet.


Well, other than all of this I have a few things to add... Matthew and I are tearing through novels at unprecendented rates. The rain started again today after 4 beautiful sunny days. I am going to see an outdoor staging of Taming of the Shrew next week. Matthew is going to check out some local pubs with the astro grads tomorrow night - B and I are meeting him for the first, then going home for B's bedtime - the first pub is that in which Tolkien and C. S. Lewis often met to discuss the imaginary worlds they were building (they will later hit the pub where Bill Clinton did not inhale marijuana). On Sunday we head over to Bath for 2 days where we will visit the Jane Austen museum and take a day trip out to Stonehenge. The rest is all cooking, tea times, astronomy, The adventures of Tom Sawyer & Huckleberry Finn, dishes and dirty nappy's.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bronson looks much more like a toddler in this posting!

Sabrina said...

Stonehenge! CAstles! So jealous up here! Sounds like you are having fun...and Bronson is looking more and more grown up...and British...love the argyle vest :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, take a break from the fun and give us another posting of the cute kid!

The Neufelds said...

Missed Stonehenge when I was over there but I have a feeling I will get a second chance one of these decades. Glad you are having a nice time rain or shine.
Love,
Melissa